Benefits of Membership
The Canadian University Boards Association (formerly the National Association of University Board Chairs and Secretaries) was created in 1987. The Association exists to improve the governance of Canadian universities. It serves:
(1) as a means of mobilizing the leadership of university boards to support and develop policies and programs that enhance the ability of boards to discharge their fiduciary duties and to be accountable for the overall direction of their universities;
(2) as a network for the exchange of information among persons responsible for the leadership and operations of university governing boards; and
(3) as a focus for occasional meetings and seminars on university governance.
The Association offers forums for the exchange of ideas and dialogue on issues of mutual concern to Board Chairs, Vice-Chairs, and University Secretaries (board professional staff). The major work of the Association focuses around the annual conference of the Association, which is held each spring.
Membership in the Association is open to Universities which are members in good standing of Universities Canada . Membership in the CUBA provides members with the following:
- An annual conference for Board Chairs, Vice-Chairs, and Secretaries, held in the spring of each year, focused on issues related to universities and governance;
- An annual professional development session for Board Secretaries and other Board Professional Staff, held annually in concert with the annual conference;
- Access to an e-mail list serve for Board Secretaries and other Board Professionals which serves as a forum for networking, idea generation, and learning.
CUBA/ACCAU is an associate member of Universities Canada.